Sunday, October 24, 2010

Today's Print

If you take lots of photographs like I do, you may also fall into the same rut of looking at them once and then "saving" them for some future use. I've been working on a couple of book projects and an exhibition, but also have a lot of other really good photos that don't fit into a specific project.  So, I've decided that I need to relook at two or three of these photos each week and post them to the blog.

Today's photo is of a couple performing a traditional Croatian dance at a special event last spring here on Bainbridge Island.  As you may have gathered for blog entries or from perusing my portfolio, I love dance and taking photos of dancers (and musicians).  I love this photo for its simplicity and color and the look in her eyes.  If the photo had been in sharp focus, I think it would be missing some of the emotion that motion can convey.  And zeroing in on the shoulders and heads simplifies the image - no need to show everything to still convey the meaning.

     

No comments: