Thursday, January 20, 2011

Faster than the Speed of Light?!?

While I try to keep my blog posts focusing on travel and photography topics, I sometimes come across an article that just causes me to stop and go - woo.  Such an opinion piece appeared in this past Sunday's New York Times.  Brian Green's article is about the expanding universe - the speed in which its expanding (possibly faster than the speed of light!) - and how at some time in the future, most stars in the night sky will disappear from Earth's view.  And not because they are being extinguished - just that they are moving outward over time in an ever expanding (so far) universe.  A think piece that still almost triggers the "reboot" button in my brain.  I highly recommend reading it - followed by a Tylenol!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/16/opinion/16greene.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=darkness%20on%20the%20edge%20of%20the%20universe&st=cse

No comments: