Saturday, January 15, 2011

Always Someplace Else To Go

Last Sunday's New York Times Travel section had one of those articles that I usually despise - "The 41 Places to Go in 2011."  Based on what?  And 41?!?!  But, intrigued, I at least ran through the list of suggested places and came across two in my home state - San Juan Islands and Olympic National Park, and a number of other places I had already been to in my years of travel (Singapore, Melbourne, Miami, London, Oahu).  But there were also places I never heard of - and at least one of them sounds like my kind of place - Fogo Island, Newfoundland.  "A remote island off the coast of Newfoundland with a dwindling population of 3,000 residents..."  And a growing cultural scene. Having never been to Newfoundland but having always want to go, I now have a new incentive - a new place to explore.  So, in spite of the article's title, it was worth at least a glance - and may be worth a glance from you as well.

http://travel.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/travel/09where-to-go.html?ref=travel  

No comments: