Thursday, September 3, 2009

World Hum - Travel Site of the Day ... or Week

Anyway, I recently returned from a wonderful conference in the Bay Area devoted to Travel Writing and Photography. And during the course of the 4 days I came across a number of travel websites either for the first time or was re-introduced to sites I had once perused. So, I though I would start sharing some of those sites on the blog that I find particularly useful or interesting. Hope you do to.

So, the first site is www.worldhum.com. It contains a wonderful mix of well-written features, a multi-category blog, photo slide shows, videos, etc. And the best part is the specifics of the destination is often not the story - rather its the journey itself which makes it rather refreshing!

A recently posted feature by Sophia Dembling on India is a great intro to the type of articles you;ll find on this site:
http://www.worldhum.com/features/travel-stories/the-bucket-and-the-cup-20090828/

Enjoy!

No comments: