Sunday, June 30, 2013

Great Photo App

While I primarily process my photographs using Adobe Lightroom which has amazing capabilities, I've come across an iPhone/iPad app that's pretty amazing in and of itself.  Its called Snapseed, and it is quick to learn and really easy to use. I took one of my favorite coastal photographs, shot in color with my Nikon D300 and transferred it to my iPad. I then converted it to black and white and used the yellow filter to bring "snap" to the final photograph.  And like all good photo software, when I saved it, Snapseed created a new file and didn't override the original color photo.  While I'm still really happy with the color version, the B+W version is pretty cool as well.  The app is free is available for for both iPad/iPhone and Android users.  It was available at one time for PCs/Macs but that version is no longer available. Too bad. 


 

No comments: