Friday, July 16, 2010

Music and Travel

Music is an integral element of many of my travels, whether its a music festival in Butte, or a concertina workshop in County Clare, or listening to a gamelon concert in the hotel's gazebo on Lombok Island.  Listening to folk, concertina, or gamelon music to this day transports me back to those wonderful moments.  Travel is not just about seeing or tasting (though a good meal can make a day!), but about all of the senses. 

As I write this, I'm listening to streaming "Bollywood" movie music from India.  I've never been to the subcontinent, but a journey there is hopefully not too far away and one experience that I'm really looking forward to is to attend a Bollywood movie while in India - experiencing the crowds and sounds and vision and smells - and probably feels.  As well as attending music and dance festivals, of course.  It certainly won't be a Sounds of Silence trip.

No comments: