Thursday, April 29, 2010

Great Vacation Photography Workshop

I had a great time the past two weekends leading a Vacation Photography workshop here on Bainbridge Island, Washington.  We discussed how to take great vacation photographs while still enjoying your vacation with friends and family (or even solo!).  The workshop participants were actively engaged and even did their homework assignment!  So did I - though I used my iPhone to take special shots here on the island.  One of my favorite spots to just "get away" (temporarily at this time!!!) is the Port Blakely Cemetery.  This image, with both black-and-white and color elements, struck me as simple yet with a clear story to tell.  While I usually shoot with a digital SLR (Nikon D300), I like experimenting with other tools from time to time, such as the camera phone. 

Anyway, I'm planning on doing another Vacation Photography workshop this fall.  If interested, please send me an e-mail to get on the list!

No comments: