Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dawn's Changing Light

Its already getting a bit lighter a bit earlier now that the winter solstice has passed and on this morning dawn coincided with my mind-wandering time.  Looking out our upstairs window, the light was pretty amazing.  And, instead of just sitting and staring, I dashed for the camera and starting taking what "I knew would be" wonderful photos.  And then I noticed that there was no memory card in the camera.  The universe speaks in its own way sometimes.  But, also believing that the universe was not telling me never to shoot again, I inserted a memory card, went out on the balcony, and captured the passing moments of changing light.  First the purple lights of dawn across Port Orchard Bay; second, the golden tones of sunrise through a Twilight-inspired forest portraying motion and apprehension; and finally the blues of the sky overhead in an abstract as dawn makes way for day.  All within a ten minute period, all from basically the location, all of the same sky - only different!      








No comments: