Saturday, May 23, 2009

Out of the Way Places

In an increasingly small world, its not often I come across a place I've never heard of and immediately want to visit. I came across such a place this morning on the NY Times Travel page - Caddo Lake, Texas (on the Louisiana border). And the quote that really grabbed me: "But what struck me about Caddo Lake the first time I saw it was the powerful suggestion of the supernatural that it evoked. Honestly, it’s kind of a creepy place." The initial photo that accompanies the article fully illustrated the quote - a small steamboat slowly motoring through the baldcypress swamp. Feeling like you've been transported back in time to a primeval world. Gotta go - sometime.

The link:
http://travel.nytimes.com/2009/05/22/travel/escapes/22Caddo.html?8td&emc=tda3

No comments: